Have you visited SingleCare’s website and been notified that you are not eligible for a discount on your prescription drug? Don’t worry. There are a few reasons why this might be the case. We will help you resolve any questions you may have.
Read this post to find out more about what to do if you are not eligible for one of these discounts, why you may not be eligible for a discount and which prescription drugs this applies to. We will also show you how to use SingleCare to get discounts on drugs that you are eligible for.
Why You Might Not Be Eligible for Discounts on Some Prescription Drugs
Here are the common reasons and criteria for why a person may not be eligible for discounts on certain prescription drugs:
- You have not been prescribed this drug and you are not a caregiver for someone taking this drug
- You are filling this prescription for a pet
- You are not a resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- You are currently eligible for prescription coverage from any state or federally funded programs, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DoD or Tricare
Prescription Drugs With Eligibility Requirements
Most of the prescription drugs on SingleCare’s website do not have eligibility requirements. You can read more about that at the bottom of this article. However, the list below shows some of the medications which do require us to perform an eligibility check. Please note that the list of drugs may change from time to time and that the list may include different forms and dosages of the same drug. Some of the prescriptions that do require an eligibility check before you can get a discount are:
Drug List with Eligibility Requirements
What Can I Do If I Don’t Meet the Eligibility Criteria?
The best thing to do is speak to your doctor and ask if there is a therapeutic alternative available. It is also worth asking if there is a different brand or generic drug that contains the same active ingredients as your prescription.
Here is some information about how you can save money on your prescription medication with one call to your doctor. We have prepared a handy script to save you time.
I Am Eligible for SingleCare Discounts. How Do I Claim It?
Most of the discounts available through SingleCare do not have eligibility requirements. It is easy to take advantage of SingleCare’s discounts once you confirm eligibility for the above list of drugs. Follow these quick steps:
1. Visit SingleCare’s website: https://www.singlecare.com/rx. Type the name of your prescription drug in the search bar, for example, “Lyrica” and then click “search”.
2. You will be shown a webpage where you can select the amount, dosage and form of your prescription. There is a list of prices and coupons for various pharmacies (including major pharmacies like CVS, Duane Reade and Walgreens). This page will also have helpful information like, ‘What is this drug and what does it do?” “Which drugs are similar?” “What is the price without insurance?” and more.
3. Choose the best offer and click “Get free coupon”. You may save up to 80% on your prescription medication. We only ask for your name and email address. We take your privacy seriously and are HIPAA compliant.
4. For the drugs on the list above, the eligibility checklist will pop up on your screen. If you meet the eligibility requirements, proceed to claim your discount simply by clicking the “Proceed to Discount” button.
You will then be prompted on how to claim your SingleCare drug coupon. It takes about 1 minute to complete and you can choose to have your discount coupon emailed, texted or printed. It’s simple.
If you have any questions, please visit https://support.singlecare.com/ or contact member support on (844) 234-3057.